Follow these links for useful and reliable websites and information on these topics.
Eligibility expansion to subsidised CGM and Flash GM for Type 1 diabetes through the NDSS.
General Diabetes Information
- YouTube – What is Diabetes? – Diabetes UK animated video
- NDSS – Multicultural Diabetes Portal
- Diabetes Australia VIC – Multilingual Information
- Audio Information Sheets – Diabetes NSW
- Runsweet – Helping athletes with diabetes to be winners
- Better Health Channel – Victorian Department of Health
- YouTube – What is Type 2 Diabetes? – Diabetes UK animated video
- Youtube – Understanding Type 2 diabetes
- NDSS – Type 2 diabetes in children and young adults
- Diabetes Australia – What you need to know about Type 2 diabetes
- YouTube – What is Type 1 Diabetes? – Diabetes UK animated video
- T1 Resources (UK)
- Youtube – Understanding Type 1 diabetes
- NDSS – Type 1 Diabetes
- Medtronic Diabetes Management
- Medtronic Australia
- Medtronic – Setting Your Dual Wave Bolus
- Medtronic YouTube Channel
- mylife YpsoPump
- Youtube – How to use the Accu-Chek Performa blood glucose meter
- Abbott Freestyle meter
- Accuchek Mobile Instruction Guide
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGMS)
Diabetes related Organisations
- The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS)
- Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent internationally renowned medical research facility with a focus on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
Jean Hailes for Women’s Health is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the knowledge of women’s health throughout the various stages of their lives, and to provide a trusted world-class health service for women.
- Diabetes Australia Victoria
National youth mental health foundation.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Australia
The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is the world’s largest charitable supporter of type 1 diabetes research. JDRF has been involved in every major type 1 diabetes breakthrough of the last four decades.